Kayaking! Diving! Surfing! Wildlife watching! Make a splash in the four national marine sanctuaries off California: Greater Farallones, Cordell Bank, Monterey Bay and Channel Islands. Bill Douros, West Coast Regional Director, NOAA Office of National Marine Sanctuaries, encourages you to get into your sanctuary or local marine protected area for a variety of experiences.
Everyday Action: Get out and get into your national marine sanctuary. Share your experiences on social media and use #visitsanctuaries.
For more information, please visit:
- Get Into Your Sanctuary
- National Marine Sanctuaries of the West Coast
- Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary Facebook
- Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary Facebook
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Facebook
- Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary Facebook
This Thank You Ocean Podcast was produced for the California Thank You Ocean Campaign by EarthNews Journal staff (Jerry Kay, Host and Chris Kay, Producer).